Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Loving the summer time!

Summer already! I love the summer months in Colorado. There is just so much to do and July is always a fun month for our family. We have our annual family BBQ for the Fourth, my birthday, my husband's birthday, and our wedding anniversary. A lot to celebrate and be thankful for.

Summer months also means Garage Sales! My sisters and I loved going to garage sales in the summer with my mom and aunts. It was fun running around picking out toys. Of course now that we are adults we'd rather look for fixer uppers and things for the house. My sister is the super crafty creative one. Me I'm a little bit like that but not as extravagant. I don't sew and I don't think I'm planning on doing that. I do however sand, paint, and re-new! Because this is our first summer in the new house I'm more looking for things to accent our home. I found an adorable picnic table ($5) for Ayden and fixed it all up for him. Found a lovely bench ($5) that I'm currently working on and of course I found a good condition FREE clothing drawer that just needs a little TLC to bring it back to life. It is nice side projects but the big project is my yard. I'm adding flowers, fighting weeds, and pruning trees lol.

Re-capping June through July: Celebrated best friend Val's birthday, my sister and her family visiting Co for two weeks, BACKSTREET BOYS CONCERT with VIP MEET AND GREET (DREAM COME TRUE), Twilight Eclipse, July 4th with my extended family, my birthday WEEK celebration with Golf-dinners-the zoo-presents-shopping! I have such wonderful friends and family who are all so amazing. Especially my husband who continues after all these years to still spoils me on my birthday, thanks hubby! He also got an early birthday present a new set of rims for his car. If you know my husband you know he is a car fanatic and this is what he wanted.


Yes we're one of those families that match, red white and blue baby

Ayden checking out the sparklers

Feeding the giraffes at the zoo

Me and the Backstreet Boys

Me and my new BFF Brian from BSB

The Backstreet Boys concert was absolutely amazing. The whole VIP experience was worth every penny. I've been in love with them since I was 13 and I always dreamed of one day meeting them and hanging out with them and I got to do that on June 22nd. Words cannot describe how happy I was that day *sigh* It was like I was 15 all over again!! Hey you may not understand and I don't need you to this is my blog not yours :P




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...