Friday, May 1, 2009

25 things you may not have known about me

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you

1. Well my number one goal right now is to be an amazing Mommy to this beautiful little boy named Ayden. He makes me want to be a better person. Our family is a better picture with him in it. We couldn't be more proud. We're excited for all the things in our future.

2. I love puzzles, the big complex 3D ones to the 1000 Thomas Kincade puzzles. If you come over to our place you'll see plenty of replica landmarks in 3D form. I'm sure this will be a favorite past time as I don't forsee much puzzle time in the future.

3. I'm an electronic gadget fanatic. I've got a video ipod, ipod shuffle, and iphone - yes they pretty much all do similar things but I had to have one of each any way. Oh and I'm getting a second cell soon here, but thats cause of my new job - just a perk :) My Wii is awesome, so is my DS, my digicam is a necessity and

4. I am a fan of cooking reality shows like Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef! Those I'll watch any day but those dating ones or the singing/dancing ones I am not into at all. I love watching good food being made or someone being yelled at for making crappy food lol. Oh and Unwrapped, diners drive-ins and dives, Andrew Zimmermans world travel! What can I say I <3 food, hell I travel to places mostly for food hahahahha.

5. My husband and I met on a blind date, yup we were set up by a good friend :) Who says you can't find your mate on a blind date pshhhhh. And personality wise we are as opposite as they come. I'm loud and outgoing he's shy and quiet. You never notice it though because I'm so friendly you forget Will doesn't talk to you.

6. I have an evil weakness for designer purses. It's a collection really. Oh especially all things Louis :) Although I haven't truly indulged in this weakness in a long time so that must mean I am getting stronger. I've probably spent MORE on purses than people spend on their first car..maybe your second car too..:/...its bad. I don't approve of knockoff/fake bags. Why WASTE your money on a piece of fake crap that breaks right away when if you save and truly want the real thing it can be attainable its not impossible. So put that fake ass shit away.

7. I'm a diabetic, yes even before the pregnancy. It runs in my family and I do my best to keep it under control with diet but since being pregnant it's been a lot more work from me and the pharmacy to keep my sugar in check. Some days it sucks really bad not to be able to eat what you want but some days I just am thankful that it's not worse.

8. Las Vegas feels like our second home since it's the place we visit most. Before the economy went into the toilet we were there like 4x a year. Last year was the first time we only went twice. Yes more than normal people but so little to us. We love our friends there and we love that theres a million things to do there. Seriously we've never had a bad time in Vegas I mean how could you have a bad time unless you had a big ass stick up ur ass???

9. I'm a crawfish ADDICT! You should know that in case you have a crawfish boil and need someone to help you eat it....seriously CALL ME! If I had the funds I'd totally open a crawfish restaurant...YES in CO..don't knock it till you try it.

10. My dogs are my first "kids". I never had a pet of my own growing up so adopting two little doggies to practice my motherly instincts was an amazing choice. Who knew I could love these dogs so much?? We'll see if practice pays off lol. When you care for a little being who needs you, yes even if its a little dog, it gives you a whole new appreciation. Dogs are not accessories they are like mini-people with their own personalities and who truly love you.

11. I get annoyed very easily. I lack the patience sometimes and I try to control as best as I can but if I'm short with you BACK THE EFF off than - TAKE THE HINT!

12. I DO NOT like people cancelling plans on me at the last minute. This goes with #11. Don't tell me omg invite me when you go, agree to go, than cancel ALL the freaking time. I DON'T need to hang out with you than. If I don't mean that much to you for you to make the effort to meet me somewhere than don't even bother acting like you care. You only get so many cancels and I'll stop making plans with you.

13. I'm a big cry baby when it comes to movies, like the dog movie 8below...omg I balled like a baby. I'm a sucker for a good crying movie...but at the same time I don't want you to see me cry :/ But the only movie that should've made me cry didn't - The Notebook. Yeah good movie but it didn't move me.

14. I love reading for fun. Harry Potter series, Twilight series, Traveling pants series, mystery novels, and lots more are my favorite. I love crawling into bed with a good book or while I'm on vacation pool side.

15. My weekly read though has to be US Weekly. Yes I've got a subscription and read it cover to cover every week. Yeah so if we're discussing celebrity news you better believe I know the scoop. hahahaha.

16. I cannot go to bed dirty. No matter how drunk/tired/etc I may be I DRAG my ass to the shower to take a good hot shower before I crawl into bed. I will not go to bed dirty. I love a clean bed. I love the smell of fresh bounce on my sheets and crawl into it clean on clean baby.

17. I used to not be able to stand needles, touching my eye, eye drops, or take pills and now I'm a pro at all of the above. After being diabetic, lasik eye surgery, and after being prego and giving birth nothing freaks me out. I had to put drops in my eyes like no tomorrow. Insulin only goes through my body via needle and after being prego you take prenatal vitamins the size of horse pills so you get over it quick. The trick is swallowing the water not the pill that just so happens to swim in it.

18. I'm good at public speaking. I've had practice since high school. To this day at work I'm always confident when speaking in front of groups even if I have no idea what I am talking about I can probably bluff my way through it lol! I've done it before muhahaha!

19. I really enjoy golfing. It's finding people to golf with thats the trouble. Been golfing since freshmen year of highschool and its true watching it is borrrring but playing it is a whole different thing.

20. I always get a shotglass from wherever we are going or staying at. I think this one a lot of people do but so do we. The only place I never got one was when I went to Vietnam....brought back a lot of other things just not a shot glass. We've got shotglasses from all the hotels we've been to in Vegas, the Dominican Republic, and all the other places inbetween. We've traveled a lot together and it's something I'm so glad we got to do before we started having kids.

21. I have the same online blog since 2002 and I still update it to this day. I've made some AMAZING friends on it and I've met a lot of them too. They are true confidants and I'm thankful to have them in my life. We even have a baby journal blog.

22. There is a star in our solar system named after Will and I in the cancer constellation. Will gave it to me as a gift for our paper one year wedding Anniversary. He's always been the romantic.

23. I like MAC and sephora a lot. I don't wear a ton of make up every day but on nights out or special occasions I know how to look good ;) This has been the past year or more that I've really gotten into it and really invested money into the good stuff. My HS friends will tell you they never knew me as the makeup girl lol

24. Contrary to a lot of peoples beliefs Will does NOT buy me everything I want. The majority of my purses were bought by me. He did buy me a few items such as wallets from time to time and my watch but not things like my CAR. Don't assume just because yes I am spoiled at times that I don't work and don't buy things for myself. During my entire pregnancy there was only 6 weeks where I wasn't working full time but thats because of the poor job force out there! I didn't get to sit at home and just be barefoot and prego was working full time damnit.

25. Both of our families are completly opposite from each other. My family is big and loud his family is small and quiet. But I love both sides of our families. It is a balance in our lives and I wouldn't have it any other way.

**WHOO ok that was harder than I thought. I hope you all learned a little more about me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...